Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bizarre Music Videos

I know I usually reserve this blog for album reviews, but there are a few (relatively) new music videos floating around that deserve your attention if you haven't seen them already.  Enjoy.

Yeasayer - I Remember

An old biker guy rides out into the desert and makes a plaster cast of his own head. Which he then smashes. After seeing Yeasayer live where they admitted to having been searched by the police for drugs just minutes before they went on stage, I can't say that I find this video surprising at all.

Cut Copy - Need You Now

Various athletes swap the instruments of their sports...then take up medieval weapons? And start fighting each other? Sure. Why not?

Sparkadia - China

Umm...just plain strange. Catchy tune though. Balloon popping has never been sexier.

The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness

Not really all that bizarre, in fact the video isn't even all that interesting. But the return of The Strokes is welcome in my book, and the long takes are pretty cool.

The Black Keys - Howlin' For You

Not really bizarre unless you take into account that the actual music this video is showcasing is often relegated to background music. One of the coolest videos I've seen in a while, it's a lot of fun and frankly, pretty awesome.

No comments: