Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Not a single Trick or Treater...

 So Halloween has come and gone here in Australia (and by this time, in America as well), and while we had a good time at not one, but two Halloween parties, it just didn't feel the same without the incessant doorbell ringing of sugar-starved children.  It seems that the only people who have really embraced Halloween in Australia are people in their late teens and twenties, solely because they want yet another excuse to throw a party, but who can blame them?  Anyway, above is the first pumpkin that Rhiannon has ever carved in her entire life, a pretty faithful Jack Skellington, if I do say so myself.
 OOOHHH...scary!
Rhiannon and I were Rick Deckard and Pris from Blade Runner.  I think our costumes came out pretty good (Rhiannon's trumped mine for obvious reasons).  I start work tomorrow at Myer, which is like a big department store here in Australia.  I guess my days of sitting around and riding the chillwave are over.  No more all day sessions of COD: MW 2 online.  No more pretending that "I'm a writer".  It is kind of a bittersweet day.  I'll be making money, which is good, but I won't have the freedom to spend all day doing whatever I want (i.e. see above).  I'll keep you updated on how it is.  In the meantime, I am wondering if anyone watched the premiere of The Walking Dead on AMC Halloween night.  If you did then you know how awesome it was, if you didn't, watch the trailer below and frantically search the internet/local television listings to watch it.

1 comment:

Meghan Lynch said...

Miss ya! Good to hear from you through this thing!! And don't feel bad...we only had a few trick-or-treaters and are lefrt with most of our gallon sized bag of candy...bogus! Hope you guys are doing well :)