Friday, July 03, 2009

La Roux

Being the big fan of electropop that I am, it was only a matter of time before I jumped into English based band La Roux, and in very quick summation, it's all very, very good. La Roux is a synth duo band made up of singer and synth player Elly Jackson, and co-writer and co-producer Ben Langmaid, who, as I understand, prefers to stay behind the scenes, hence the reason why I could only find pictures of the fiery-headed (and possible fire crotch?) Elly Jackson. Their sound very much borrows from 80's electropop staples, so they aren't necessarily breaking any new ground with their work. That being said, their tunes are all catchy, the lyrics are poignant (or at least as poignant as an electropop synth-heavy song will allow), and I was able to sit and listen to the entire album all the way through in one sitting. I recommend, it's good fun summer music.

mp3s:

La Roux - Quicksand
La Roux - Tigerlily

No comments: