Thursday, October 02, 2008

It's been a while...



Sorry for the delay, I realize it's been well over a month and I totally agree with you, it's been too long. I do have a valid excuse however, student teaching is officially eating up all of my free time. Those little bastards are running me ragged, all the papers and lesson plans I have to correct and prepare are very time consuming. But, in my absence, my birthday has come and gone (notice the sweet telecaster above that is now in my possession), and I have a couple of things to say about two bands that are arguably the biggest in the world.

First up...Bloc Party. Intimacy sucks. I want Silent Alarm back. Hell, even A Weekend in the City (which, may I add, the b-sides to that record are better than the actual album itself) is better than this garbage. I know some of you out there are going to rip me apart, and I understand and appreciate artists trying different things and going in "new directions" to keep things fresh and interesting, but when it sucks, it sucks. And boy does Intimacy suck. Let's just say that it's rather disheartening when your band's "second" single is a song that isn't even on the album (apparently it will be released on the physical album and I frankly don't blame them, they need some sort of selling point after the disappointment of virtually every track off the digital release). I will admit, "Talons", is a kick-ass song that I absolutely love. I want this Bloc Party back. Hopefully they're not that far off.

Bloc Party - Talons


Next up...The Killers. Everything they have done sicne their debut album has been a giant misstep. I don't even know if it is possible for me to like them anymore, and a huge part of the reason is the fatc that I think Brandon Flowers is a giant, pompous toolbag. Hey Flowers, fyi...Sam's Town blew. I read in Rolling Stone that their next album was going to be more "stripped down" whatever the fuck that means. Here's a tip for the Killers boys, bring back the synths. You aren't Bruce Springsteen. You didn't make some magnificent rock opus...no you made silly songs about my bones and your bones and his bones and her bones and everybody's bones or something equally retarded. Get back to the basics. Anyway, they have a new single out called "Human" (human...bones...humans have bones...oh my god...this...can't...be...good...), and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Have a listen for yourself (and I apologize in advance for the crappy video that goes along with the song...I wasn't about to troll youtube for some sort of official video, sorry)

The Killers - Human

No comments: