Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Weekend In The City

So I just got the new Bloc Party disc and I have to say that it is really good, I may be biased a bit just because the opening track is based upon Less Than Zero, which just happens to be penned by my favorite author Bret Easton Ellis. But before you condemn me, let me just say that this is a worthy successor to Silent Alarm. Now granted they have moved a bit away from the sound of Silent Alarm, but this album is by no means a "sophomore slump". They have added guitars beyond your wildest dreams, let me tell you that this album rocks on every track, granted it will take you a bit to get to used to the new sound sound, but it is well worth it in the end. Bloc Party is probably one of the greatest bands to emerge in this decade, and you would be a fool to pass them up.

No comments: