Monday, December 04, 2006

The Holiday Mixtape Project, Vol. 3

Hello again. I like Christmas, or rather the holiday season in general, particularly when the retarded bag boy at JCPenny's doesn't casually smash the box that is clearly marked FRAGILE while carelessly tossing it into my bag. I especially like it when I'm not subjected to watching a movie with Kirsten Dunst in it because she's a hideous mutant who, upon the very sight of her, causes temporary blindness. And I also enjoy it because I get to post some Holiday music that isn't the same Bing Crosby/David Bowie duet we've all heard a million times. Oh and I get to post weird pictures like the one above. Oh O.J., I wish you all the luck with your money grubbing exploitative ventures. Anyway, moving right along, I've got a ton of Sufjan for you on this disc, which I'm sure Kozma will appreciate. Aside from all the Sufjany Holiday goodness, I've collected quite a few songs that I think you'll enjoy, as I consider this my "you've drank too much so just sit on the couch and relax" chillout Holiday disc. So, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

1. Seasick Crocodiles - Snowflake
2. The Trekky Yuletide Orchestra - Baby It's Cold Outside
3. Sufjan Stevens - What Child Is This Anyway?
4. Traditional - Greensleeves
5. The Walkmen - The Christmas Party
6. Sufjan Stevens - That Was the Worst Christmas Ever!
7. Snowden - Christmas Time Is Here
8. The Eels - Christmas is Going to the Dogs
9. eric Metronome - Hannuka Girl
10. Explosions in the Sky - Day 7 (technically not a Holiday song, but I think it has a very festive sound)

No comments: