Monday, October 16, 2006

Artist Spotlight: Silversun Pickups

I know, I know. I said that I'd be delivering strictly Halloween mixtapes all throguhout the month of October but with the never ending amount of school work, i just haven't really had the chance to come up with another installment. Don't worry though, I'm working on a new one and I think you'll be pleased when I finally post it. As for now, I wanted to talk about Silversun Pickups, a band out of Los Angeles that I've been listening to a lot of lately. They're kind of like a 1990s heavy rock revival band, reminiscint of the Smashing Pumpkins. I wouldn't go as far as to say that they sound like grunge, due to the anthem-like rock sound with the edgy swirling ambiance that sort of sounds like tactics that Sparklehorse would employ. Regardless of how shitty I compare their sound, just trust me when I say that they're good, so check out the following mp3s. Have I ever lead you astray before?

Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye (if you only download one song from this batch, let this one be it)
Silversun Pickups - Well Thought Out Twinkles
Silversun Pickups - Kissing Families
Silversun Pickups - Little Lovers
Silversun Pickups - Dream at Tempo 119

That's all for today, I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow so hopefully they'll give me some good painkillers. Anyway, make sure you check back often and remeber to leave comments telling me how great I am or how much you want to rip my testicles off and shove them down my throat. Either or. it's just nice to know you're appreciated.

No comments: