Saturday, September 02, 2006

This is for you Jefferson...I just wanna dance Vol. 2

Our good friend Jefferson, over at I Am A Real American (or maybe now it's Coming Soon to a Blog Near You, not too sure which one he's using nowadays), considered the fact that the first installment of the "I just wanna dance mixtape" lacked any Kylie Minogue (see above) was downright blasphemous, so in order to compensate I figured that instead of just posting some Kylie Minogue hotness, I'd come up with an entirely new mixtape. So all you faithful readers can thank him for this, and be sure to check out his little corner of the blog-o-sphere. Enjoy.

Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes - this is the song that our old war buddy Jefferson originally requested however he incorrectly reffered to it as "Spinning Around". Surely Jeff, you jest, by requesting a song you don't even know the title to.
Bonus Kylie hotness: Can't Get You Outta My Head / Love At First Sight / Come Into My World / I Believe In You
Annie - Heartbeat - this song is incredibly catchy, it really is dance-pop bliss. I honestly can't get this song out of my head. Annie is a Norwegian pop princess for lack of a better phrase, and this song was included on her debut album Anniemal. Oh and it was one of the songs featured on my Singles Awareness (Valentines) Day mixtape, so you know it's a favorite of mine, which means that in the two seconds it will take you to download this song, it will become a favorite of yours as well.
Bonus Annie: Chewing Gum
Goldfrapp - Ohh La La - apparently Goldfrapp translates into "Our songs can sell anything" due to the fact that their catchy dance tunes are being used in every commercial from Coca-Cola to Verizon. Either way, there's no denying that these songs are fun and extremely danceable.
Bonus Goldfrapp: Lovely 2 C U / Number 1
Ratatat - Seventeen Years - anything put out by Ratatat is awesome, so I don't feel the need to rant on and on about why I believe they should be included in the mix. You should just know by now. Ratatat is awesome.
Bonus Ratatat: Lex / Cherry
Cascada - Everytime We Touch - for some reason I just felt the need to include this song. I don't think that it has an ounce of redeemability in all of it's mid-90s-esque techno "dance" beats that sound like they originated off of one of those programs like Fruityloops or something, so I can't really give you a good reason as to why it's here.
Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb - again, no idea why this is here. Totally unneccessary cover of a classic Pink Floyd tune, but I thought it was mildly amusing due to the fact that it kind of sounds like a cross between the BeeGees and ABBA.
Dirty Vegas - Days Go By - this song, in my opinion, isn't the greatest, but it has it's moments. Plus the video is so fucking cool.
Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice - this is another song that I chose mostly because of the video. If you don't already know it features Christopher Walken. So you know it's totally sweet. I won't ruin the video for you if you haven't already seen it, but you won't be disappointed.
Bonus Fatboy Slim: The Rockafella Skank / Praise You (& it's equally entertaining video)

Well, that's all for today because frankly I'm lazy and I don't really feel like sitting at my computer for much longer, so until next time (insert your own life-affirming prolific message here).

No comments: