Thursday, August 24, 2006

I just wanna dance...

As the title may already imply, this post is going to consist solely of songs that I consider to be so infectious that even your fat cousin Bertha and your 89 year old Grandmother Ethel would get off of their inactive asses and proceed to shake it like they've never shook it before. Now anyone who knows may will probably find this post odd, because, well, I don't dance. Ever. But if I did, these would be the tracks that would get me on my feet.

Ok Go - Here It Goes Again - ok, I'm sure most of you will recognize this song by the amazing choreography displyed in the ingeniously crafted video. Apart from the obvious pull that the aforementioned video has in the selection process, the song is catchy as hell and can stand alone on its own merit.
Head Automatica - Beating Heart Baby - Head Automatica is a power pop (which the perfect way to descirbe their blend of block rockin' beats) band founded by the lead singer of heavy metal musics Glassjaw. Go figure.
M83 - Don't Save Us From The Flames - M83 was originally an electronic pop duo from France consisting of Nicolas Fromageau & Anthony Gonzalez. After Gonzalez went Splittsville, Fromageau went on to record Before the Dawn Heals Us, which, in my opinion, is superior to previous two albums. This song is about a car crash, but the swirling synthesizers and the crashing guitars make for one pretty epic, catchy tune.
Daft Punk - Robot Rock - there are just so many Daft Punk songs that I wanted to include on this little mix. I'm going to cheat a little and let you grab these Electro-pop classics like Digital Love, Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, and finally, Technologic.
Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces - Gnarls Barkley, was originally written off as a one hit wonder with their smash hit Crazy, but in my opinion, the real rump shaker on the album is Smiley Faces. It's catchy as all hell and the video features Dennis Hopper and Dean Stockwell.
Bloc Party - Banquet - Bloc Party is one of my favorite bands, so their inclusion on this mix is a biased. However, Bloc Party's blend of indie rock coupled with incredibly infectious beats makes this one completely worthy.
Cansei de ser Sexy - Let's Make Love & Listen to Death From Above - Given the fact that so many of you love my previous post of CSS's Music is My Hot, Hot Sex, I just had to include this little boogie down gem.
MSTRKRFT - Work On You - MSTRKRFT (or MasterKraft, for those of you who aren't hip) is an electronic music group started by Jesse F. Keeler, formerly of Death From Above 1979. The song inself sounds like it features vocals by one of the Transformers or the supercomputer HAL from Kubrick's 2001 (well, not really, but I wanted to throw at least one obscure reference out there before I end this post).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about "Spinning Around" by Kylie Minogue. Ryan, surely you jest when you exclude her from all that you would dance to were you to dance.

Jeff